While individuals are primarily responsible for their health and well-being, and government is not responsible for providing everything to all people; there is a role for government in the lives of Iowans.
- Our system of government is dependent upon an informed and educated citizenry, and it is a responsibility of government to provide a quality public education for all.
- The rights of individuals are to be protected regardless of protected class, but the rights of others cannot be ignored in protecting the rights of the individual.
- Government must regulate to protect the rights of individuals and to provide for the common good of society without creating excessive regulations.
- Fiscal management and tax policy must reflect the priorities of Iowans while finding the balance between meeting the needs of Iowans and imposing a burden on taxpayers.
- Iowa’s natural resources are precious and need to be protected for future generations.